2.14.2010

Hello Moto

It's been awhile since I worked on Post. Finishing this project felt good.
It was a lot easier to work on than my last projects. Knowing that I want to do post in the future has definitely driven me to work harder in this class, and finish those 7 movies for Project X213. I've scheduled extra time at school to work on those so I can actually hear what I'm doing when I put them into surround, and working from home has proven to be too distracting.

Anyway, here is my latest project:
Hello Moto - And just like the rest of them, taking out all the sounds and designing your own.



Hello Moto from DJ on Vimeo.
Project for Audio Post Production 1.


In other news, quite unexpectedly, I've started recording an album for the beautiful and talented Orchid and Hound. It's coming along quite nicely, and I'm lucky enough to be working with two musicians who know exactly what they're doing, what they want, and (hallelujah) come into the studio ready and rehearsed. Music recording was never something that I thought I would do, or wanted to do, but working with them has been great. And it's been great knowing what I'm doing, choosing mics that best interpret what the artist wants, and working with a band that's willing to work with and trust me and my ideas.
It also doesn't hurt that I absolutely ADORE this band. I get their songs stuck in my head all the time, so I have no problem listening to their songs over and over again when mixing. They're gonna go far, and I hope they take me with them.
They're going to SXSW next month and need a video to submit. My friend Mike and I checked out two HD cameras from school and recorded a recent show, as well as recorded the whole show into my laptop through 2 mic splitters and a DI from the club's monitor console and a little help from Mike's M-Audio Project Mix IO. Stay tuned for that, I hope to be done with it soon...

1 comment:

Karen said...

d!! that was REALLY awesome.