1.16.2009

No seas antipatica.


Work is slow and fast at the same time.
There's a ton to do, but the footage from the film hasn't been edited yet.
So, I'm just doing a little media management, which means I'm just re-naming files, identifying if certain sound pieces are useable, converting those files from .mp3 to .aiff, and turning those into stereo files. It's a lot, and it's.. boring. 
That's a picture of my work station. They converted their equipment room into a small sound station/recording booth. It's still in the process of being transformed, and I'll post more photos of the transformation when it's complete. 
Anyway, the space is optimal for working on sound, but it's also lonely being isolated from everyone else. I'm sure I'll be more glad to be in there once the actual editing begins, and I won't want to talk to anyone or ever leave my post.

Wednesday I decided to stop editing a little early, and go with Jose and Wesam while they went to shoot some b roll of the neighborhood.









We got access from a liquor store owner to use his roof, and got a couple of beautiful shots from up there.









I can't wait to start editing and finishing this thing. I've got new ideas I want to start working on.

Here's a small (seriously, it's tiny) teaser of the film:


Once I start mixing, the first thing I'm going to do is take out that awful screeching bus sound.

3 comments:

Sean-Michael Rau said...

what's b roll?

DJ Martinez said...

It's like extra footage or coverage of stuff that doesn't have acting or sound, usually has music playing over it.

Like, a montage or a flash back or scenes of the neighborhood! If i can get my script written in time, you can be in my next film!

root said...

I love the screeching bus sound. I don't know why but it adds to the movement of the shot. Maybe it doesn't go on with your scene but from that tiny teaser, I like the bus.