
I started this blog to post some of the projects I've been working on at work. And, hopefully, to show off future projects. It's been a slow start, but I think I'll keep it up.
For those of you who don't know, I'm interning at BAYCAT in the city. The internship is actually ending soon (where did the time go?) but I've done a couple of projects where I learned a lot. Using mostly Soundtrack Pro (with whom I have a love/hate relationship) and Garage Band (ugh.) The biggest project, which I'll start again on after the holidays, is doing post sound for a 20 minute short film we worked on non stop only a couple of weeks ago. I learned a lot about capturing live sound for a film, trouble shooting, and learning how to deal and coming to terms when something doesn't work and you don't get the sound you want.
It's been a lot of work and hard to juggle with school, but I've been having a lot of fun and I'll be sad to leave.
This piece "Adventures in Parking" was my first project at work. Well, technically it's the second. The first was a podcast I did about a sandwich shop up the street. But, it isn't very good and I hate the sound of my voice, so I doubt you'll ever hear it.
At any rate, my man Jose did the photos and editing in Final Cut Pro, while I experimented with ADR and Apple Loops in Soundtrack Pro.

No comments:
Post a Comment